Our Annual Silent Auction and Gala funds the Women’s Prevention and Protection Center in Hetauda, Nepal. Monies raised during our annual gala fight human trafficking by helping to fund scholarships programs for at-risk children in Nepal. They also help fund safe home programs that provide educational, psychological and fiscal care for survivors of human trafficking.
Bellevue Embassy Suites
3225 158th Ave SE,
Bellevue, WA 98008
Saturday, November 16
5:00PM Registration, Nepali Market and Silent Auction
6:30PM Dinner and Program
Nepali dinner with your choice of chicken or mushroom curry
Purchase tickets here or mail payment to:
Women’s Prevention and Protection Center of Nepal Foundation
PO Box 85412
Seattle, WA 98145, U.S.A.
$60 per person OR sponsor a table of 8 for $480
How Attending the Gala Helps
Our 2012 Gala raised $30,000. With these funds, combined with the monthly sponsorships, we were able to support the following services in Nepal:
- 35 women, girls and minor children received safe shelter, supportive counseling and community reintegration services. The safe house was honored as the best safe house in the Hetauda Region of Nepal in 2012 because of its unique approach to providing quality, needs-based programing to survivors and their families.
- 15 children at risk of trafficking received scholarships.
- 5000 people residing in rural Nepali villages received prevention education about human trafficking.
- 25 women received individualized advocacy and vocational training.
- 12 women received sewing machines and entrepreneur training to begin their own sewing businesses.
- 12 women were employed at the Nari Alliance (www.narialliance.com) a fair trade business specializing in textiles and jewelry created by trafficking survivors.
Our past supporters can feel proud that since 2001 more than 500 women and children have found safety, comfort, education and love in the WPPC-Nepal safe house. This year, our goal is to raise $50,000 so that we can increase our impact in the community of Hetauda, Nepal.
Other Ways to Help